13 April 2015
Research shows the design of a classroom at primary school level can boost learning progress by up to 16% in a single year (*Salford University - Clever Classrooms), so considered sustainable eco-classroom designs will have a direct correlation to the learning achievements of our children.
Less than 10% of all non-domestic EPC’s were rates A+, A or B in England and Wales from 2009-2014. (Source: Energy Performance Building Certificates in England and Wales, DCLG). All our eco-classrooms meet this standard.
All of the following our included in our simple all-inclusive pricing structures:
- Preliminary works and planning permission costs.
- All the associated fees including: design fees, EPC fees, CDM Compliance and further Statutory Fees.
- Mechnical and Electrical Works and External Works All interior fittings and fixtures (except loose furniture and IT equipment).
- Additional structures such as canopies and veranda and play-areas.
We fit high quality fittings and specfications as standard.
For example, our prices usually include:
- Superb levels of insulation to significantly reduce energy costs and usage.
- High quality PVC windows and doors
- Specialist LED lightling sytems which we helped design to maximise the spread of light.
- Air source heat pumps to maintain a constant temperature by both heating the air in winter and cooling it in summer.
- Sub tubes - to maximise natural light and motion light sensors, fire and security alarm systems.
- Our timber framed buildings are made from 99% recyable materials from FSC sourced timber and have the capablity of achieving Passivehaus Standards.
- A range of high calibre warranties.
Often our designs and prices also include:
- Bi-folding doors.
- Solar (PV) panels.
- Veranda areas.
- Incorporated play and free-flow areas or outdoor spaces.
Compared to historical classroom mobiles - our internal environments enhance alertness and mental productivity. Research shows environment that is excessively hot, cold or damp will diminish anyone's working efficiency and temperament.